Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Newest Tricks

When Jackson was a little over a month old, we meet another little boy, Peyton, who also has Arthrogryposis. His dad, Ryan, told me something that has stuck with me since, "This is a blessing and it makes you appreciate the milestones that much more." How true it is. Anytime Jackson does something that to others is considered "normal", we pull out the camera and snap shots to post and share with everyone.


Of course we took the first bath pics, the looking I am going to my first pedi appointment, etc. But not many parents would run to get the camera when their child sits for the first time assisted, but we did. The milestones do mean so much more. I am not sure why that is; if it's the fact that we (Jonathan and I and Jackson's caretakers) work so hard or if it is that we sorta don't expect it. But let me tell you sitting and using his arms to balance was cause for celebration at our house!

Here are some shots of the latest tricks Jackson has shown us.

Our first "real" stroller ride---it's the first time Jackson rode sitting up!


Sitting in the grass balancing himself on his arms!










And our brand new one, as of yesterday---initiating his head to see objects he wants---he is so close to sitting unassited!













We can't wait to see what other tricks Jackson has up his sleeve for us!

1 comment:

Kodi L Wilson said...

I just LOVE these pics - what a handsome pair our boys are going to make... especially once Jackson teaches Braden how to smile and light up the world like that!