Monday, August 18, 2008

Amazing Weekend and a Prayer Request

WOW! We had a truly amazing weekend---we picked up Jackson's new HKAFOs on Friday in New Orleans, when we first put them on, he was not so happy about them; but once we got him home and in them again, he was in LOVE! To see him stand is simply amazing---me, my mom, and Jon's mom have all shed happy tears! He is such a big boy---last night Jon and I measured him and he is 28 inches tall! It is a true milestone, that just 18 months after we brought him home from the hospital, he is STANDING!!! On Saturday, my mom and I went to Babies R Us and got him an Elmo table just right for standing and playing with his toys on in his new braces----now when he wants to stand at the table, which is almost every waking hour, he cries "Elmoooo"---it is so cute and so pitiful at the same time! We are working on learning to weight shift and use our walker, I know it won't be long until I am chasing him through Wal-Mart or Whole Foods and I can't wait!

Tonight, I have a prayer request from all. Many of you know our good friend Braden (Dog from our Halloween post), well, he is in the hospital and has been for over a week with respiratory issues. Please pray for him and his mom and dad, they are going through a kind of rough time right now.

Thanks for checking in on us,

the heckerts

2 comments:

Suzanne Rudder said...

That's so awesome he is standing! Congrats on your big accomplishment and prayers for Braden!

Kodi L Wilson said...

He is SO BIG! I love him in his standing braces... he gets to act just like a "normal" kid:-)
He certainly has a "normal kid" attitude!! :-) Love that Jack-Jack.
The Wilson's