Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My "Other Family"

About 2 years ago and when Jackson was not even 6 months old, Jon and I loaded Jackson in the car and drove 6 hours to Dallas, Texas for the 2nd Annual Arthrogryposis Multiplex Cogenita Convention; it was our first meeting of many families I had talked to on the internet since Jackson's diagnosis in utero. Tomorrow, we will board a plane and head to the 4th Annual AMC Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. If you know me, you know I hate to fly, but I couldn't miss seeing my other family and the opportunity for Jackson to excel at something different---in the past 2 years at conventions, Jackson has learned to hit a ball with his head, throw a ball, straighten his right leg and drink from a sippy cup.

So, tomorrow, we will load our amazing 2 year old on a plane and head to what has become our annual trip to see all those who inspire us over and over again. I can't wait to see them and to see what Jackson learns this year. There will be tears shed, but there will be more happy than sad. 


1 comment:

Hua said...

Hello Doris,

Hope you had a great time in AMC convention in Philadelphia. I would like to read more about the convention!

I really enjoyed reading your blog. With your positive outlook on life, I feel that your blog would be a great addition to Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN). The HBN has over 2,600 bloggers that share their knowledge to help others, which enables Wellsphere to provide information that is personal and relevant to over 6 million visitors a month.

Feel free to visit our Health Blogger Network at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger, where you can apply to join. Or just email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

Have a great day!
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks