Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm the Mommy to a Miracle

Good Morning Y'all!

I can't believe that it is the 2nd Annual Arthrogryposis Multiplex Cogenita Awareness Day! On this day, I want to share with you why wearing blue matters!

You may think that donning a blue shirt, blue polish or even a blue wig are not a big deal, but trust me they are!!! When I see pictures of all our family and friends, I am reminded of how many lives our Jackson has touched! I work with lots of families that are touched by MANY disabilities, like Autism, Developmental Delay and a host of others! However, when I turn on the news or read the paper, there is likely a story about Autism or childhood cancer and they matter, but until 5 years ago, I had NEVER heard of AMC and trust me, it matters too!

The mortality rate for AMC has been quoted by many professionals as 50% in utero! 50%! So today, when you put on your blue, please remember those AMC Angels and those of us who have our babies here. Everyday, I get to wake up to a miracle! Thank you for loving him and us!

No comments: