Sunday, February 21, 2010

Growing Up

Wow---what a big boy Jackson has become! Ever since I went back to work, I have sat on the couch every night and held Jackson until he went to sleep, I do NOT regret one second of it, but now that he is a little over 3, I figured it was time to get him to go to bed on his own. Plus, I need some MomMe time! So, last Tuesday, we started getting ready for bed, drinking milk while reading a book and then putting him down in his bed fully awake. The way I convinced him to do it, was by setting a timer on my cell phone and letting him know that if it went off and he was still awake, I would come and get him. Well, the first few nights, he cried a little, but quickly went to sleep with his music on. Last night, he didn't make a peep, gave me and daddy kissies and headed to bed. Tonight, he gave me his milk cup and said "I ready"---kissed daddy and I put him in his bed after kisses and I love yous! And he went right to sleep. I am so proud of him! He is such a big boy!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Good for Jackson, and good for Mom and Dad!
Great idea about the cell phone timer!