Monday, April 11, 2011

Bright Green Straps

I know it's been a long time since I posted, but we have been super busy.

Today, we went to pick up Jackson's new braces and when we asked him what color straps he wanted, he picked the loudest color in the place and it was of course a shade of green! When we found out about Jackson's AMC in utero and over the last 4 years one of the prayers I have found myself praying most often is "Please God, let this child be "well adjusted"! I wasn't sure what that meant and some days I still not sure I do, but I knew that it meant that Jackson would be comfortable with who he was and with the way God made him. And I continue to pray that he keeps that "Give the brightest straps, if I gotta wear braces, I'm gonna make them cool" attitude! Along the same lines, when we did his IEP this year, in the section where they describe the child, Jackson was described as "comfortable in his own skin". I was such a proud mama then and am even prouder with those lime green straps now!

Thanks for checking in on us!

XO

2 comments:

Smilen Champ said...

Hi Jackson!
my name is Jenna and I came across your site. U are a brave courageous fighter and an inspirational hero.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease.
www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Doris Glass Heckert - Jackson's Mommy said...

thank you!